Quotes on Lessons Learned
26 Quotes on Lessons Learned
Read the quotes on lessons learned and how they reflect on our successes and failures, perception of mistakes and growth in business and life.
1. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. Learning lessons does not end.
2. A good scare is often worth more than good advice. ~Ed Howe
3. Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t. ~Erica Jong
4. Always keep a window open in your mind for new ideas.
5. Assert your right to make a few mistakes. Mistakes are the lessons of wisdom.
6. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. ~Barry LePatner
7. Growth is the only evidence of life.
8. Ideas shape the course of history. ~John Keynes
9. If you plant a tree, don’t keep pulling it up by the roots to see how it’s growing.
10. Improve a little everyday. If you can do that, the rest will take care of itself.
11. Improvement is a long-term process.
12. It’s not the things that we don’t know that cause the problems. It’s the things we think we know that aren’t so.
13. Learn and go on.
14. No man ever became great except through many and great mistakes. William E. Gladstone
15. Progress comes from the intelligent use of experience. Elbert Hubbard
16. The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. ~B.B. King
17. The beginnings of all things are small.
18. The farther backward you look, the farther forward you are likely to see. ~Winston Churchill
19. The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it. ~Arnold H. Glasow
20. To make headway, improve your head. ~B.C. Forbes
21. Until a person can say deeply and honestly, “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.” That person cannot say, “I choose otherwise.”
22. We all make mistakes, wisdom is not making the same mistake more than once.
23. What you don’t have earn. What you don’t know learn.
24. Wise men say nothing in dangerous times.
25. There is no peace as great as that of inner peace.
26. Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes