1. A good scare is often worth more than good advice. Ed Howe
2. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. Learning lessons does not end.
3. Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. Erica Jong
4. Always keep a window open in your mind for new ideas.
5. Assert your right to make a few mistakes. Mistakes are the lessons of wisdom.
6. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment. -Barry LePatner
7. Growth is the only evidence of life.
8. Ideas shape the course of history. John Keynes
9. If you plant a tree, don't keep pulling it up by the roots to see how it's growing.
10. Improve a little everyday. If you can do that, the rest will take care of itself.
11. Improvement is a long-term process.
12. It's not the things that we don't know that cause the problems. It's the things we think we know that aren't so.